Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The MetroDBITan student series: Issue #029 - Chua Ban Leng


Love is around the corner!

And it's a double celebration this year as both the Western Valentine's Day and Chinese 元宵节  both fall on the same day!

While February 2014 is a month with many reasons to celebrate, it is also a month where many of you work arduously overnight to finish your assignments and embark on the three weeks long of end-of-semester tests and S2 exams!

Our featured student for this issue, pretty Year 1 student, Ban Leng is no exception.  Like all of  you, this month will be an ultra busy one for her as she puts in her best efforts to finish up her assignments like Social Media Marketing, Database Management Systems, iDiscover and pore over her notes to take the exams for Accounting, Mathematics etc.

Busy as she is however, she always finds time for her loves, her family, her friends.  Read on to find out more about this chio-bu! :)



Ban Leng, please tell us more about your school days in primary school

I was from Yuhua Primary School. Back then, my favourite subject was Chinese because that was the only subject I could score in.

During my primary school days, my Maths and English were weak. Whenever I got my results, I would always be scoring either a D or a C.  Despite having tuition and remedial lessons, my result still didn’t reflect much improvement :(


Tell us more about your school days in secondary school

I was from Hua Yi Secondary School. During my secondary school days, I joined Netball. It was fun but at the same time, tiring as the training was quite tedious.

As for studies, English, Maths, Physics and Principles Of Accounting  were my worst enemies. I could never score in these subjects! I always got F grades for these 4 subjects. In order for me to improve in these subjects, I decided to work really really hard. I stayed back to study in school almost every day and I finished a lot of past year papers before my 'O' levels. With all my hard work, I am glad to say, there were actually sign of improvement in my grades. (:

Share some memorable moments of childhood with family or friends
I remember I used to stay at my grandparent’s house till I was secondary 3. They never fail to call me every day. Never fail to be there for me whenever I need them and never fail to love me unconditionally. Although now I rarely stay over at their house,  I will never fail visiting them every Sunday!

(My family)


(My friend and I during our secondary school days)


She is my 6years bestie!
Thanks to her,
my secondary school life wasn’t a boring one!
Love her a lot! (:


Why did you choose DBIT course?
The main reason I chose DBIT is because SP is near my house. I dislike travelling hence Singapore Polytechnic was a good choice. Apart from that, I am quite keen in the modules DBIT provides, hence I chose DBIT.

Share your likes and dislikes
For me, I love hanging out with my friends, outings and watching movies. One of my favorite movies is Frozen.

As for dislikes, I hate eating raw food.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Frozen


What do you plan to do after graduation from SP?
I would like to further my studies in SMU if I have the chance.

What is your ambition in life?
I hope to travel around the world.

Have you travelled anywhere before?

I have been to Hong Kong, Macau, China, Malaysia, Thailand and Korea. However, among all these countries, Korea is my favorite!

I really like the scenery and the food in Korea! Especially the Teddy Bear Museum!








What are your favourite modules in SP?
WCD is my favourite module in SP. Although there were a lot of coding required and time-consuming, but I had fun making my own website.

Do you have best / good friends in SP?
She is my good friend in poly! (: Glad that I have met her!!



Do you work part-time while studying?
I do work part-time sometimes in order to earn more pocket money. I usually work roadshows as the time is much more flexible. (:

Also, I work as a promoter during weekends sometimes.

Please share 3 pictures of your past projects / assignments!

(DVDE CA1 project)



(WCD CA2 project)


Please share more photos of yourself! :)


(Aquarium day with Grandpa and cousins)

(The most important person in my life.)

(My annoying sister)

(My dad)

(My mum)



No comments: