Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm Yang Jing, 1st DBIT IDA Infocomm Integrated Scholar

Good Day! I am Yang Jing, currently a 3rd year student in Singapore Polytechnic (SP). I’m pursuing my studies in Business Information Technology (DBIT). In year 2008, I chanced upon a newspaper article about *Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) Infocomm Integrated Scholarship (IIS) while I’m cutting my nails! (Yang Jing, WTH!!!) I’m totally grateful for that accidental encounter and I went ahead for the registration for IIS.
*The IDA IIS is for outstanding 'O' level students to pursue polytechnic-cum university studies in infocomm related courses.

The registration includes an online application followed by an interview for selected students. Weeks later, I’ve got an email from IDA which congratulates me for getting the IIS.

I was overwhelmed; this unique encounter with this scholarship was life changing. Among all the IT courses, I have chosen Diploma in Business Information Technology (DBIT). I have chosen this course as it is suitable for me! Due to my great interested in both business and IT, DBIT strikes a balance in both. In addition, with this amazing scholarship in my poly life, I gain many opportunities and benefits. With the financial support from IDA, I am able to go overseas to gain more different types of knowledge and experiences.

First of all, I have been to the IBM Forum at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to learn about their latest technologies that aim to aid businesses in cost-saving, increased flexibility, etc. One such example will be the Cloud Computing technology.Secondly, I was given a chance to Harbin attachment for my Internship program to broaden my horizons. Without the financial support from IDA, I wouldn’t be able to go for overseas attachment.

Hence, I strongly encourage students who have an outstanding O level results and a great passion for IT to go for the IIS. This scholarship will definitely bring you to a greater height! Thank you!

P.S.: My next scholarship will be the IDA National Infcomm Scholarship (NIS) :-)

Proudly posted on behalf of Yang Jing



No comments: